Sunday, January 17, 2010

Living Room Furniture

Living Room Furniture
In this living room you can see all of this. The fireplace and incandescent lamps themselves are extremely bright in IR. They are deliberately overexposed for this example and appear cyan. There is a huge projection TV on the right. It looks almost completely black, since TVs emit very little IR.


http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d50/images/ir/600/DSC_0238-pd-living-room.jpg

Living Room.

I made this shot in Program auto exposure, at -1 exposure compensation to take off two stops for tungsten lighting and add one back in for the light walls. I arrived at this value by looking at my LCD screen, not math. It's easy: just look at the LCD and set the exposure compensation until it looks right.

I find this very interesting from a lighting and scientific standpoint. I've always studied lights and spectral curves and for the first time I can see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment